Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I Made Granola Today!



Mmmm, it's yummy. The kids devoured it warm out of the oven.

My recipe is adapted from both the Make it From Scratch and Little Birdie Secrets recipes.


Homemade Granola

6 cups of old-fashioned oats
1 cup of wheat germ
4 T flax seed meal
1 cup flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup honey
1/4 cup water
2 T vanilla
1 T salt
1/8 cup cinnamon
2/3 cup chopped almonds
1 cup craisins or raisins

Mix all ingredients. I like to use a turkey roaster lightly greased, as I can stir it up really well without it flying out. I mix it and cook it all in the same pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and stir well. Bake for another 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and immediately scrape the pan to prevent it from sticking. When it's completely cool you can put it in a jar. I store mine in an empty oat container (it's about the right size, and I often have a spare one after I make the granola). Try some warm, though, before you put it away, it is SO good.



No comments: