Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Of Honesysuckle and Snow



Saturday night there was a freecycle advertisement for large honeysuckle bushes that someone had pulled from their yard. I love honeysuckle and have been wanting it for the back fence. The house was near us, so we decided to go Sunday morning and get at least a couple. Sunday it snowed. Adam and I went, in the snow, and strapped two large honeysuckle bushes to the roof of the minivan. We brought them home, covered them with sheets, poured some warm water on the roots and hoped for the best. It took until Tuesday evening for it to warm up enough for us to get them in the ground. Last night we planted them. They look pretty peaked. Hopefully they will make it. It's supposed to be warm later today. I am not holding my breath, but I figure if they don't make it, the worst we're out is a trip in the snow to get them. So think happy thoughts for my honeysuckle, please.

No comments: